Mobile games dominator Gameloft, worldwide publisher of mobile and social games, is looking for
a talented Game Economy Designer to start a new Studio in Seattle!
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs over 5,000 developers.
Gameloft Seattle, an exciting new start-up is hiring for the following position:
Game Economy Designer
As a Game economy designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you are able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those designs refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you are able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
Your day to day duties include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
- Indentifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability.
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points.
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
- This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
Gameloft is where you want to be.
Join our growing and beautiful Pacific Northwest studio, ideally situated in Seattle, the epicenter of gaming! This opportunity offers:
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 6,000 developers. Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Previous hit Gameloft games include: Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.