SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher. We continue to expand into the mobile space by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Game Director for the WBG San Francisco Digital Pub department. The Director, Mobile Publishing will play a critical role in growing the company’s mobile games business. He/she will both be a member of the leadership team driving the overall mobile games business as well as have publishing general management responsibility for one or more of WB Games mobile titles, including oversight of the title P&Ls. In this role, he/she will manage a team of both direct and indirect reports throughout each title’s product lifecycle (development/launch/live) to deliver commercially successful games that engage and delight customers. In addition, he/she will contribute to growing Warner Bros. mobile games business by establishing best practices and processes, driving innovation, and contributing to the overall success of the business. Reporting to the Vice President, Publishing-Mobile, Social & Emerging Platforms, this role is crucial to achieving Warner Bros. aggressive goals in mobile games.
- General manager responsibility of free to play mobile game(s) to include managing cross-disciplinary teams of both direct and indirect reports.
- Meet or exceed revenue and operating income goals by owning game P&L, go-to-market strategy, and live management.
- Establish industry-leading best practices and processes for operating and managing free to play mobile games as a service.
- Develop and manage team members, with a focus on both strong performance and continued professional development.
- Assist in building and growing Warner Bros. mobile games business more broadly to include special projects, platform/publishing/licensing/international/cross-studio partnerships, as well as opportunities on social or emerging platforms.
- BA/BS Degree. MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8-12 years experience in product management with direct experience managing cross-disciplinary game teams and owning oversight of game P&L and budgets.
- Strong familiarity with iOS, Android and Facebook games marketplaces, trends and best practices.
- Record of accomplishment via feature, promotional and business model recommendations as well as meeting and exceeding revenue and contribution margin goals.
- Strong project management experience and ability to work with and manage cross functional units to advance business objectives.
- Thorough understanding of micro-transaction based business models and managing product-level P&Ls.
- Passion for gaming, especially on mobile.
- Be a good leader, with the ability to both listen effectively and influence a team.
- Strong product management skills at a game feature/system level.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Advanced analytic skills including financial modeling and P&L management capabilities.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as required.