Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio's successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
What you'll be doing:
· Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features and/or missions for which you are responsible.
· Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
· Spearhead the collaborative process with engineers, animators, artists, sound designers and production staff to bring the game world and its characters to life.
· Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
· Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
· Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
The skills/experience you'll need:
· 3 or more years of game design experience on one or more shipped games.
· Excellent understanding of first-person combat and game mechanics.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience with C, C++ or non-visual scripting languages.
· Absolute passion for playing and making video games.
· Excel in a team environment, is self-motivated, and egoless.
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience using Illustrator or other program to communicate ideas.
· Familiarity with scripting languages, or technical skills related to video game development.
· Familiarity with a 3D level/world creation package, preferably Radiant.
· Experience with other aspects of Game Development such as, but not limited to: Character Design, Writing, Gameplay Programming and AI Design.
· A love for FPS games..