The game designer is responsible for creating the functional designs of the game. They make sure that the game systems align with the vision for the project, that the game is easy to use, and most of all that the game is an awesome experience for the player.
- Game experiences that challenge and delight the player.
- Concise and clear documentation that communicates a game’s design vision.
- Balanced game systems that feel fair and rewarding.
- Passionately represent the interests of the player in every step of development.
- Contribute to mentoring and coaching other designers.
ROLE BASED COMPETENCIES
- A firm understanding of the technical and creative game design process.
- Extensive knowledge of free-to-play monetization techniques.
- Comfortable with setting up and analyzing user-tests
- Contribute to the creation of new concepts and pitches.
- Be able to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Experience with Unity a plus.
- A strong passion for making and playing games.
- 5+ years of game design experience, with experience in mobile game development a plus.
- Experience as a senior / lead designer on at least 2 shipped products.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Read, write and talk excellent English.
- Able to work at our office in The Hague
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
- Understanding of Dutch is a plus
Paladin has six core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams of 5-10 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game studio in The Hague, The Netherlands, founded in 2005. We are a team of 30 knights. We all grew up with games – they have shaped us and given us magic moments that we remember still. We now strive to create games that enable those magic moments for others. We specialize in 3D games, are experts in Unity, and love projects that push our limits.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Galaga Wars
- Momonga Pinball Adventures
- Alice in Wonderland Puzzle Golf Adventures
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.