Purpose of role:
NaturalMotion Games is one of the fastest-growing social mobile publishers on iOS and Android. We’re looking for an experienced game Designer to join the NaturalMotion Games team in San Francisco. This is a major opportunity to contribute to an exciting new IP.
As a Game Designer you will work with the Project Lead to translate the overall project vision into prototypes, systems and features for Android and iOS mobile devices. You will collaborate with the production, art and engineering teams to meet the high-quality standards of NaturalMotion Games.
“Our goal is to wow people with creativity and technology. We like making stuff that seems impossible!” – Torsten Reil, CEO
- Work with the Product Lead to craft the overall product vision.
- Develop systems and behaviors for core gameplay, retention and social features.
- Collaborate with producers, engineers and artists to create a great player experience.
- Model and tune monetization features and the overall freemium game economy.
- Work with Art Lead to define UI wireframes and virtual store layouts.
- Analyze real-time metrics and adapt the game accordingly.
- Express design ideas and concepts visually using tools like Flash, Photoshop or Gliffy
- Ensure design documentation is clear, consistent and well-maintained.
- Respond to QA and design issues in development and real-time environments.
- Identify and articulate design risks and obstacles.
- Lead and participate in playtests and design reviews.
Requirements (Qualifications and Skills):
- 3-5 years game industry experience in a design role (mobile is preferred).
- Shipped two or more game titles on any platform (full-cycle is preferred).
- Exceptional knowledge of game balancing and pacing.
- Experience working in an agile development framework.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of usability, onboarding and UI.
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet team deadlines.
- Passion for gaming (particularly mobile games!).
Desired Abilities (Nice to have but not required):
- Scripting skills and/or programming experience.
- Flash and Actionscript skills are a plus.
- Experience with online services such as Facebook, iOS Game Center and Google Play.
- Illustration or drawing skills to visually describe game concepts and interfaces.