Mountain View, California
Android, Browser Based Games, iOS
Minimum Number Of Professional Titles:
Narrative Writer for Interactive Media
An exciting mobile game startup is looking for a highly talented Narrative Writer to work out of our brand new Mountain View office--located in the cool Castro Street district.
The successful candidate will be able to write compelling narrative-driven scripts for an exciting next gen learning product--with the goal to revolutionize the gamification of education. We are looking for an experienced, talented narrative writer (with a fascination for science education) to help us develop an immersive, narrative-driven interactive educational experience--tying narrative, gamification, science content, and assessment together into a coherent, tight user experience for kids.
The ideal candidate is an awesome creative writer--but also has passion/talent for science education and interactive media, and can help us write an engaging narrative-driven interactive world of learning that's both fun and tightly interwoven into our science curriculum.
- With strong creative writing skills, you will work closely with the creative team to write space adventure scripts for a hybrid 2D/3D mobile gameplay experience
- You will look closely at the characters and narrative world, as well as the curricular themes, and tie the two together into cool, fun game-based assessment experience for kids.
- Collaborate effectively with a small, high energy team of illustrators, 3D artists, designers, and executives
- Contribute to a high quality, unique visual experience--a world of magical space adventure for kids
- Ability to write quickly, collaborate, and iterate in a lean/agile dev environment
- Strong, proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Writing, Communications, Film, Gaming or Science with at a least one year of professional writing for media experience OR Graduate or professional degree in Writing/Screenwriting/MultiMedia Writing
- Passion for video games, next gen science education, great storytelling, and the future of education!
OTHER EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Willingness to work start-up hours.
- Ability to understand elementary school science and teach it effectively via strong storytelling skills.
- Video game or educational app experience a plus, but not required.
- Writers with an academic background in science and/or experience writing for young-adults or children will be given special consideration.
WHY JOIN SOAR, INC?
- Be a key part of designing/writing a narrative-themed, next gen learning product (pioneering gamification in education).
- Be able to bring your own ideas into projects
- Competitive compensation
- Get in on the ground floor of an ambitious mobile game startup located in a cool office on Castro Street in the heart of Mountain View--and work with a kickass, collaborative team!
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested