• Make quick, effective protototypes of interesting and novel gameplay mechanics as part of cutting-edge children’s app project.
• An advocate for the player, championing elegant design and fun while respecting parallel project goals
• Works closely with the writers, designers, producers, animators, and engineers to create gameplay mechanics that scale well across ages and skill levels
• Create and share precise and readable game design documentation
• A resident expert in gameplay, able to quickly analyze and evaluate play patterns
• Proficiency with systems design, game tuning, content design and user experience
• Gain insight from play testing (both internally and with kids) and quickly iterate to improve experience
• Collaborate deeply with hardware, platform, and R&D teams to take mockups and prototypes to production ready experiences
• 3+ years of professional game or app development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Game Design, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
• Broad knowledge of games and apps across multiple genres, from independent to mainstream, from casual to core. Able and willing to apply the knowledge of “what works” to the growing field of educational games.
• Experience with Unity and/or Cocos2D.
• Experience in a “Live” environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
• Experience writing and publishing kid-focused mobile applications preferred