Nix Hydra is seeking an experienced Game Designer to join our team. The qualifying person will be a key member on one of two project teams! This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a genuine person who shies away from corporate fluff, politics and big talking, you will be happy here with us.
We expect everyone on the team to be competent, dedicated, proactive and take great pride in their craft.
The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
WE ARE ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN PUZZLE DESIGNERS OR DESIGNERS WITH MONETIZATION DESIGN AND ITERATION EXPERIENCE.
- Come up with great ideas.
- Write documentation.
- Integrate and/or tune features using 3rd party and proprietary tools.
- We expect anyone we hire to be diverse and understand all areas of game development: a basic understanding of art, audio, programming and hardware. You don’t have to be an artist, an audio engineer, or a programmer; you just have to be able to “feed” them.
- Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to write GDDs and provide work estimates for any associated design tasks. You must think ahead about what is being built, and how it interacts with everything else in the game.
- Meet with team members to ensure everyone understands the goal and content of designs BEFORE implementation. That also means taking constructive criticism and knowing how and when to assimilate feedback from peers.
- Constantly review the implementation of features and assets to ensure that they coincide with designs.
We are looking forexperienced designersonly at this time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of game industry experience WITH
- 4+ years of design experience
- Been an active member of the design team on at least 3 SHIPPED projects from start to finish
- Been an active member of the design team on at least 1 mobile game from start to finish
- Firm understanding of monetization and gating in a "freemium" game
- PROFICIENCY in Word and Excel (NOT “I can open and save a document”)
- Ability to use Photoshop on some level
- Experience with at least one bug DB software: JIRA, DevTrack, Mantis, etc.
- Experience with at least one source control software: Perforce, SVN, Alienbrain, etc.
Much more likely to get the job (in order of importance):
- PROFICIENCY in Unity (NOT "yeah I installed it")
- Skilled creative writer
- Been an active member of the design team on a game for a female target audience from start to finish
- Shipped an MMO from start to finish
- Experience with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone platforms
- Art and/or Audio background