GAMELOFT, present in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia (6,000 people), a leading international developer and publisher of video games, is seeking for a talented Lead Game Designer!
This position is located in Auckland New Zealand.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of a Game Designer is to develop new innovative game concepts mainly for iPhone. The designer's responsibility is to make important contributions to the design quality of large-scale projects. Also, the specifications relative to game concept and creation must be defined, while working closely with artists and developers.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game;
- Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, integration of multimedia elements (texts, images, sounds and videos).
- Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
- Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality;
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
- Essential: Degree or work experince in Computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games.
- Asset: Experience in a video game company as a game or level designer.
- Asset: Experience on the following platform: iPhone.
- Essential: Experience in game creation. At least one of the following choices:
- Professional game;
- Personal projects (college, game school, home-made, etc.);
- Level-design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life, etc.);
- Essential: Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
- Essential: Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
- Essential: from business level to native level in English
- 5+ years industry experience
- Passion for video games. Handheld games are a must.
- Good understanding of 'scripting' and/or basic computer programming.
- Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidact.
- Able to work under pressure and open to do come occasional over-time.
- Open-spirit and love team-working.
- Have a strong imagination!
IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEND IMAGES OR ANIMATIONS FROM YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR CV E-MAIL OR .DOC (Word) OR .PDF (Acrobat), OR SEND US THE WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO (if you have one). ANY CV THAT DOES NOT FULFILL THIS REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE READ. Thank you for your cooperation.