Age of Learning, Inc., is a rapidly expanding education company in Southern California, and is the developer of the multi-award-winning early learning website ABCmouse.com. We currently have openings for qualified applicants who are interested in joining our dedicated team and contributing to the creation of an essential educational resource that is having an unprecedented impact on the lives of children, families and teachers throughout the U.S. and the world.
We are seeking a full time in-house Game Designer to start immediately.
This person will be responsible for designing incredibly engaging AND educationally effective games and activities for elementary-school-aged children. This person will help to translate curriculum into activities that make kids want to play, without realizing they are learning. This person will work with internal curriculum advisors and internal producers to write and create approved concepts and design documents. This person will use internal development tools to create basic prototypes for review, and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders. This person will review game production at key points.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic educational organization with tremendous growth potential, both for the company and the individual.
- Create a high volume of concept and design documents outlining gameplay or feature functionality, as well as all documentation necessary for programmers and artists to follow.
- Create simple prototypes with an internal toolkit
- Combine learning goals with engaging game play
- Respond flexibly to constructive feedback from key stakeholders
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a relevant position designing games, preferably fun educational games for online and mobile
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong tech savvy
- Ability to write code is a major plus
- Strong creative sensibility and organizational skills
- A strong desire to positively impact the way kids learn is a must
- The ability to work well with others is important as there are multiple stakeholders involved
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to be considered for this position. In your cover letter, please explain why this position would be of interest to you professionally and what you believe you could contribute to this effort.
ONLY COMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.