Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
• Make quick, effective protototypes of interesting and novel gameplay mechanics as part of cutting-edge children’s app project.
• An advocate for the player, championing elegant design and fun while respecting parallel project goals
• Works closely with the writers, designers, producers, animators, and engineers to create gameplay mechanics that scale well across ages and skill levels
• Create and share precise and readable game design documentation
• A resident expert in gameplay, able to quickly analyze and evaluate play patterns
• Proficiency with systems design, game tuning, content design and user experience
• Gain insight from play testing (both internally and with kids) and quickly iterate to improve experience
• Collaborate deeply with hardware, platform, and R&D teams to take mockups and prototypes to production ready experiences
• Write clear, maintainable, portable code
• 3-5+ years of professional game or app development experience.
• Previous work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary environments
• Bachelor’s degree in Game Design, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
• Broad knowledge of games and apps across multiple genres, from independent to mainstream, from casual to core. Able and willing to apply the knowledge of “what works” to the growing field of educational games.
• Able to present ideas clearly and effectively to a team using a combination of oral, written and visual communication.
• Experience with Unity and/or Cocos2D.
• Experience in a “Live” environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
• Respects and understands the core values of Disney experiences (e.g. storytelling, innovation, , production quality, inclusiveness)
Be sure to take time to explore all the exciting Disney Consumer Products lines of business at http://www.DCPCareers.com and read about the variety of people who have made DCP the success it is today.