This person will be responsible for the conceptual design of a series of engaging educational children's games. This person will work directly with internal producers and the content team to build clear descriptions of these games. This person will utilize internal development tools to create basic prototypes of the games as well. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic educational organization with a lot of growth potential, both for the company and the individual.
- Create an ongoing series of design documents outlining the gameplay and all documentation necessary for programmers to follow.
- Create simple prototypes with an internal toolkit
- Combine learning goals with engaging game play
Education, Experience and Skills
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a relevant position designing games, preferably fun educational games for online and mobile.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong tech savvy
- Ability to write code is a major plus
- Strong creative sensibility and organizational skills
- A strong desire to positively impact the way kids learn is a must
- The ability to work well with others is important as there are multiple stakeholders involved
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Local candidates only. Eligible employees must be able to take FULL-TIME IN HOUSE POSITION. No telecommuting.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to be considered for this position. In your cover letter, please explain why this position would be of interest to you professionally and what you believe you could contribute to this effort. Only complete submissions will be considered.
Centrally located in a Class A building
Paid company holidays and personal time off
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Casual dress, occasional NERF® wars. . .
Friendly work environment
Free water, sodas and coffee
Free garage parking