Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our mobile publishing team.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks Game Data Engineer for the Warner Bros. Games San Francisco Publishing Team. The Game Data Engineer works closely with internal teams to design, build, launch, and maintain a robust data infrastructure for the company’s free-to-play mobile games.
The Game Data Engineer will work with business intelligence, analytics and publishing professionals to determine the best systems for managing an internal data warehouse that supports state-of-the-art analytics; the Game Data Engineer must have an affinity for data and analytics that support key business decisions. This role is crucial to attaining Warner Bros. aggressive goals in mobile and social games.
- Design and maintain robust internal data warehouse, ETL, and internal reporting system.
- Work with server-side engineers to create/maintain/update core infrastructure that allows mobile applications to perform and scale; responsible for architecting, designing and coding key modules, infrastructure and core functional areas.
- Work with 3rd party Analytics service providers like Kontagent and Swrve to import/transfer/migrate data internally.
- Work with Analytics team to ensure data is readily available for analysis which will lead to game optimization.
- Assist in development of tools for deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of core systems and performance; and maintenance and optimization of those tools.
- BA/BS/MS Degree preferably in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in database engineering or related role.
- Strong familiarity with mobile application ecosystems and operating systems like iOS and Android.
- Database experience including schema design, data migration, query tuning etc.
- Experience in architecting/building/scaling backend infrastructure for large production consumer-facing mobile apps or games.
- Proficiency with multiple programming languages like Java, Objective-C, C++, Ruby, Apache, CSS/HTML.
- Excellent SQL skills and knowledge of MySQL and other prominent databases like Vertica, Redshift, Teradata etc.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operations a plus but not required.
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages like Python, R, PHP etc. preferred.
- Decent analytical skills and the ability to interpret data to make informed decisions when needed.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines/locations to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
- Passion for gaming, mobile and social networking.