FBI, ATV, CTU, ATF, ETA, HR, TSA, OPEC, MIA, RSVP, RIP, CSI, WTF, WHO, IMO, LOL - these are all acronyms- some real and some made up that everyone knows. Well, Insomniac Games is looking for an FX wizard. We’re talking about the artist that creates those mind blowing fxs! We are searching for an individual to create FX’s to work and assist in gameplay, environment, and cinematics of the game. Read on for some of your duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
- Paint particle and decal textures
- Create simulations for gameplay elements
- Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine.
- Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game.
- Self-directed and ability to work independently: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game.
- Orchestrates complex FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
- Experiment with and/or evaluate techniques and/or art programs to improve efficiency, workflow, or visuals in game.
- Prototype effect concepts for gameplay and engine
- Help guide further development of internal effects editing tools
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Maya, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping.
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
- Proficient with node-based shader networks.
- Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
Other key skills: Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials. Ability to work independently. Proficient Animation and timing skills. Solid traditional arts background a plus.
If this sounds like you – then we want to hear from you! Please use the link below and apply directly to the spot! Thanks! ,