Executive Producer-Call of Duty
Activision Publishing is currently looking for an Executive Producer to join the Call of Duty franchise production team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for producing and launching great games.
As the Executive Producer on Call of Duty you will manage the production and launch of multiple projects across various platforms from both a business and publishing perspective. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to manage development from concept to release and deliver great high quality games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time.
You will manage a talented production team, be the project leader and work in conjunction with multiple cross-functional groups, ranging from Activision executive leadership and development studios, and use your experience on the front lines to improve production and organizational processes, as well as drive key franchise initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
Position is based at our Activision Headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Provide management and leadership to publishing production team while tracking game development with internal / external studios across a slate of products
· Lead the creation of each project’s schedule, budget, production pathways, and overall plan; continue to provide leadership through the full product life-cycle (concept development thru to post launch DLC support)
· Help build and maintain the project P&L, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development and providing analysis and reporting to senior leadership
· Act as primary point of contact with Game Development Studios, 1^st Parties, Marketing, PR, Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Licensors, and external contractors across project initiatives
· Partner with Marketing to define long-term plans for the product lines, brands, and lines of business
· Lead/Partner with Developers to ensure specific game features are tied to overall title positioning and goals
· Provide strategic direction regarding brand, lines of business, licensing, technology, and integration of worldwide marketing product management
· Take a long-term view towards developing products with an eye toward sequels, localizations, product line extensions, ports, and new platform capabilities
· Be an internal and external advocate for the product
· Manage, coach and develop staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base
· Create a culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment. Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; continually recognize and reward employees for strong performance
· Establish model behavior that supports Activision’s standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
· Provide creative and executional direction to development studios to improve product quality and drive franchise innovation. Ensure the titles and franchise maintain or exceed creative and technical objectives with each release
We are Looking For A…
Battle Tested Leader
· 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry; experience with First Person Shooters or Online FPS preferred with 4+ years of experience at Senior Producer level or above.
· A Leader of People. You will be the head of a skilled production team; be prepared to lead by example, mentor and develop future leaders.
· The ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
· You are passionate about making video games.
· You speak other languages; specifically the languages of marketing, PR, sales, QA, CS, Localizations, Tech, AV, CRM, etc. Producing the game is only part of the job, you’ll need to collaborate with all kinds of different groups and people.
· Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you.
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
· High business/financial acumen
· Business owner/operator mindset
· Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
· Facilitator who clear roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
Organizer and Problem Solver
· There are always many balls in the air – JUGGLE THEM ALL
· Can you take what looks to be impossible and make it possible thorough ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done?
· You will be THE hub for information on one of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world and that requires best in class and timely communications across all mediums (emails, phone, meetings, etc.)
· Possess exceptional presentation skills – you will need them for the many press, large groups and executive presentations you will give.
The Skills & Experience we’re looking for:
· All the points noted above, as well as the following:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher education degree preferred
· 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry
· 4+ years of experience at Sr. Producer level or above
· Experience shipping 5+ high quality titles
· Experience shipping on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and/or PC. Experience with Online FPS preferred.
· Experience managing multiple titles shipping in the same time period
· Experience managing internal teams and development studios within the video game industry preferred .