If you are an expert in scripting languages, messaging services, data/workflow automation tools, and databases, we are looking for you. We are building a next generation distributed ETL pipeline in AWS (Amazon cloud services). Once our core ETL processes are in place, you would be adding map/reduce and streaming ETL services.
- Build/maintain the common game facing ETL APIs and services for the game
- Build/maintain transformation scripts for different types of data
- Build/maintain loader scripts for several different BI data stores
- Build/maintain distributed rollup system
- Build/maintain monitoring and scale testing tools
- Work with game engineers and BI Architect to bring the data into the BI system
- Create custom reporting frameworks where an off the shelf solution is not a fit
- Build/maintain map/reduce ETL processes within an AWS environment
- Build/maintain data streaming ETL solution within an AWS environment
- 3+ year experience in Python, Ruby, or Java and related frameworks
- 3+ years database programming experience (creating APIs to DBs) and advanced SQL
- Significant previous experience as ETL engineer
- Significant experience with message queuing services
- Must have a solid understanding of logical database design and data warehouse principles
- Must have solid understanding of different types of data streams (real time, traditional warehouse, big data) and when/how to use each
- Linux proficiency
- Being an ETL engineer is the primary role but the more you understand different aspects of enterprise BI and have the capability to contribute, the better
- Python expertise, our scripting language standard is Python
- Experience with relational database NOSQL alternatives like Mongo/DynamoDB
- Experience with column store database alternatives like Vertica/Redshift
- Understanding of open source and big data ETL options for BI
- Experience with ETL in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Previous game industry experience
About Our Team:
BattleCry Studios, located in Austin, TX, brings together a group of seasoned developers with one goal: to create fun, AAA online global experiences for the connected world. BattleCry is currently working on the newly announced team action combat title, BATTLECRY.
We’re looking for thinkers, driven by creativity and self-discipline, to successfully launch games. We never want to tell you what to do. We trust our team to go with their instincts because that will foster the very best ideas for our games and the players.
To learn more about BATTLECRY (planned to be in Beta in 2015), please visit the game’s official website at http://www.battlecrythegame.com.