Petroglyph is looking for an experienced Environmental Artist with strong traditional and 3D art skills that have a history of producing exceptional work for a number of games. We're especially interested in how you use color, light and texture to build realistic 3D environments with an eye for optimal use of polygons. Of course, you must also already be a pro at Photoshop and 3ds Max.
- The Environmental Artist is a vital part of the team who will be collaborating with Design and Engineering to create game environments from concept to completion.
- Create high quality art assets, both 3D models and 2D textures.
- Create environment assets that are game ready and collaborate directly with level designers to achieve their vision.
- At least 5 years of experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Zbrush.
- Solid grasp of color, form, lighting techniques for 3D assets and abilities in modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
- Good technical ability and able to quickly master new pipelines and tools.
- Exceptional understanding of architecture and the design of organic structures and creating beautiful and evocative spaces.
- Good communication skills, self-motivation, and a great team player attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments (buildings, vehicles, plant life, organic shapes, props, etc.)
- Have shipped AAA PC title as a 3D artist is a huge plus.
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders and materials.
- 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent preferred.