Robotoki is seeking creative, self-motivated Environment Prop Artists with a passion for telling stories and creating the Building Blocks for our Open World. Ideal candidate has at least 3+ years experience and one or more shipped titles, is detail oriented, and has a feel for AAA next-gen realistic art styles. All applicants please also include wireframes of models including a texture breakdown. For large scenes please include a breakdown of what you worked on in the shot.
· Participate in everything from proxy model design and creation to final polished world props as large as entire buildings
· Create work that is properly researched and scaled to the real world, ready for use in our open world
· Assist with handoff of assets to level designers for use in assembling the open world
· Complete understanding of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through next gen pipeline
· Work closely with design team to detail the goals and functionality of environment prop assets
· Collaborate with art direction, programming and animation
· Iterate on the look and feel of the game while gathering feedback from the team
· 3+ years experience in a production environment
· Proficiency with Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and equivalent software
· Experience creating assets for Open World games a huge plus.
· At least one shipped, large scale, 3D title (PC/Console)
· Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments
· Nextgen game engine experience - Crytek, Unreal, etc.
· Strong foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc. demonstrated in portfolio
· Desire and ability to work in a self-directed work environment where you own your scenes and drive visual quality standards
· Ability to visualize and conceptualize props as part of detailed, living worlds
· Attention to development pipelines and target milestones
· Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
· Experience with Zbrush, hard surface modeling and other high-end 3D art methods
· Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
· Excellent written and verbal communication