Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded temporary 3D environment artist to work with its award winning pre-rendered Cinematics team. This artist must have skills to work well within a team and be able to make solid decisions with regards to asset creation and design. This person will be responsible for learning our pipeline and creating assets that work cleanly within the pipeline with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a “do whatever it takes” attitude, and continuously seeks to improve their skills and abilities with regards to 3D asset creation.
- Able to model and sculpt amazing hard-surface and organic 3D assets with or without concepts
- Interpret direction with ease
- Efficient and clean UVW mapping and mesh retopology skills
- Excellent design and compositional skills
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to filter and evaluate criticism on a professional level
- Understand the downstream teams pipeline/workflow
- Maintain production schedule, and / or communicate any concerns
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Able to concept and texture
- Character modeling and sculpting abilities
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard Cinematics and a passion to push them to the next level
- Thorough knowledge of both the Renderman and the Vray pipelines
Required Application Materials
- Demo Reel, web-Link, or portfolio containing examples of professional CG art with clear descriptions of your contributions per submitted images, models, and shots. Descriptions can be included on an attached text document or e-mail. Inclusion of personal CG artwork is a plus
**Only submittals with demo reel will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.