Vicarious Visions is looking for talented and creative Senior Environment artists to join our studio in creating cutting edge worlds for our next-generation of award-winning games for Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and mobile platforms.
The ideal candidate will be skilled story-teller, delivering environments that capture the imagination of the player with fantastic visuals. You'll work in partnership with artists, designers and engineers to build and populate worlds that address technical requirements while surpassing visual benchmarks.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Work in close collaboration with art director and art & design leadership to maintain artistic style and drive quality through asset creation, world building and composition;
· An exceptional understanding of space, form, structure and shape in regard to modeling;
· Strong skills creating efficient models and sculpting amazing hard-surface & organic 3D assets;
· Efficient and clean UVW mapping and mesh re-topology skills;
· Close communication with the technical art direction to keep up-to-date on the engine evolution and constraints;
· Maintain a balance of art quality & player experience versus performance.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
· 2+ years of Environment experience with a strong foundation in traditional arts;
· Ability to work collaboratively and succeed in a diverse work environment;
· Self-motivated team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Broad knowledge of visual art styles with an emphasis and passion for exaggerate form and silhouette;
· Knowledge of and experience with content authoring for Physically based rendering a plus;
· Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software;
· Strong technical art skills required for creating and optimizing assets is a must.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life! Please apply at www.vvisions.com..