We are currently on the hunt for a super creative Environment Artist to join our team for a long term, temporary assignment. Our Environment Artists really own their level and handle every aspect of mesh, texture, and lighting creation, as well as building props. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to our fast-paced environment where things can change quickly.
Toys For Bob are the creators of the innovative Skylanders video game and toy franchise. We’ve made games for over 22 years now on every conceivable platform and have never worked harder and been more proud of anything we’ve ever done - in games and in life. TFB is located in Novato, California, a quick 20 minute drive north from the Golden Gate Bridge through scenic Marin County. The studio is a congenial mix of game-industry veterans, energetic new developers, and everything in-between, and tries to downplay hierarchy with the goal of allowing the best ideas to float to the top. Our studio has a fun and laid back vibe. If you like working in a place that looks like you’re on a tropical island then you’re going to dig our environment. And for those of you that love your pooch, we are a dog-friendly studio.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Model, texture and lighting environment\props based on concept art.
• Ensure consistency and quality of own work
• Understand memory and frame-rate budgets and work within those constraints
• Receive feedback and modify work based on direction
• Work with the Art Director and Designer to establish the overall look for a level.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
• 5+ years’ experience within the game industry, with 2+ published games in an Environmental Artist role
• Expertise working in Photoshop
• Experience painting textures for a colorful, non-photorealistic title
• Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
• Awareness of latest tools, technologies, and techniques
• Takes direction well and not resistant to changing their work
• Must be able to meet schedules and artistic guidelines on time
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
• Z Brush experience .