Foster City, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Environment Artist, Temporary - Sledgehammer Games
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
We're looking for a top-tier Prop Artist to join our team on a temporary basis. Projected project length: 6 months - 1 year.
If you believe you possess the knowledge and skills to bring props to life for a best in class title, the Environment Art Team at Sledgehammer Games is looking for you. We are looking for an exceptional Prop Artist to join our studio and work alongside our team of passionate environment artists that share the belief that the best game art is yet to come. You'll work on a variety of tasks, including architecture, destruction, vehicles, machinery and foliage.
• Model and texture realistic, modular, hard-surface and organic set pieces and props for a diverse set of environments.
• Create realistic next gen textures and materials for use on architecture and terrain.
• Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept during the art creation process.
• Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Director and Environment Lead.
• Take direction from the Art Director and work with the Environment Lead and designers in achieving the overall vision for the game art.
• Experience creating photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials on next gen console platforms.
• A minimum of 4 years full-cycle console game experience in modeling, texturing, and shading environment assets.
• Two or more published games in an Environment or Prop Artist role.
• Ability to show examples of top notch props and textures made for next gen console games.
• Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
• Master level experience creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts inside Autodesk Maya.
• Master level experience using Adobe Photoshop to create photorealistic textures for next gen materials based on concepts and/or photo reference.
• Zbrush experience for high-res sculpting and transferring of material maps to in-game mesh.
• Deep understanding of next gen materials and shaders and is able to achieve the desired surface qualities needed across a variety of environment assets.
• Skilled at balancing art quality and performance in the game engine.
• A passion for making great games.
• Organic modeling and texturing experience in Mudbox.
• Experience with Radiant, Unreal, or a similar level building package.
To be considered, please include an online portfolio of relevant work.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careers .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested