Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D environment artist to work on our Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II universes. The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing, modeling, and texturing a diverse visual range of in-game, real-time environments and props. From awesome critters, alien cities or ancient shrines, this person has a solid grasp of form, color, and lighting for both 2D and 3D art assets to help bring our amazing Blizzard universes to life. The 3D artist must also have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, FX or concept drawing).
This position is located at our Irvine, CA campus.
Come join our team to help us continue creating epic worlds!
- A passion for video games
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development modeling, and texturing 3D assets using 3DS Max, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Understanding of Blizzard’s visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC, or console titles, as a 3D environment artist
- Experience with Mudbox, ZBrush, (or equivalent modeling programs) and the process of converting high-poly sculpted environments into lower poly game assets
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders, and materials
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to figure drawing, and environmental, and /or architectural illustration
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.