AtomJack is looking for an Environment Artist with a broad range of skills who can model out a level design schematic into an environment full of mood and personality. You should have experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments (e. g. including detailed buildings, vehicles, plant life and organic shapes, props, etc.) and a solid grasp of form, color, and lighting techniques for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. You should have skills in another art task as well - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing - and be well-versed in related tools such as Maya, Photoshop, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of significant experience creating environments from a combination of realistic and fantastical settings as well as a deep passion and understanding of video games and their technical creation.
- Be a vital part of the team, collaborating between Design and Engineering to create game environments from concept to completion
- Create high quality art assets, both 3D assets and 2D paintings and textures, that brings the world to life
- Create environment assets that are game ready and collaborate directly with level designers to achieve their vision
- Should be able to set the bar quality-wise so that other artist can follow their lead
- Teach others what you know and collaborate with Engineering to make sure you have the tools you need
- Communicate across the team and with the Art Director and take an active part in group and individual critiques
- A strong passion for video games
- 4 years experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Proficient with Maya (or equivalent modeling program) and the process of converting high-poly sculpts into lower-poly game models
- An exceptional understanding of architecture and the design of organic structures and creating beautiful and evocative spaces
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks: illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing and the desire to learn
- 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent preferred
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D character artist
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders and materials
- Has great understanding of time and knows how to prioritize
This is a full-time, salaried position at our studio office in Seattle, WA.