Fun Bits Interactive is seeking a highly motivated Environment Artist for our next gen console titles. Environment Artists are responsible for building the in game environment geometry and props.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding of environment asset and map creation, is able to communicate well the rest of the development team and is able to take creative direction from the Art Lead.
- Synthesize concept art and block models into final game environments.
- Conceptualize, design, and create game environments.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and technical artists to understand and interpret level design requirements within the engine’s technical limitations.
- Support the Art Team in the overall vision for the game while taking ownership on environment zones and props as assigned.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya and ZBrush.
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
- Experience creating textures is a plus.
- Experience creating environments using modular systems.
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- Previous experience creating high quality environments for console games.
- Expertise in low and hi-poly modeling for video games.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Organic terrain and hard surface modeling experience.
- Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design, or level design is a plus.
- Experience with a terrain based level editor.
Apply direct with resume and samples to email@example.com