Minimum Number Of Professional Titles:
Environment Art Lead
Position reports to: Art Director
Primary partners: Art Director, Art Manager, Team Leads, Production team
Primary Clients: Art Director, Environment team
- Responsible for the comprehensive scope of environment art in our products. This involves helping strike/maintain the balance between the needs of design, engineering/tools, and artistic ambition. As part of this, work with Production in the creation of environment art schedules, milestone deliverables and establishing standard procedures and expectations.
- Facilitate communication between the environment team and the Art Director.
- Be an advocate for the environment team by insuring the environment team participates in early planning, the team has the necessary tools and design information and the work load is balanced to ensure the team can work efficiently and accurately.
- Work with the Art Director, art team and team leads to identify and mange high risk areas of environment art production
- Organize, schedule and run art related kick off and regular art review meetings. Also responsible for ensuring conclusions/summaries are distributed to participants regularly.
- Works with the art director, management and production to build and mentor a high-performing team, outline succession planning, and identify growth opportunities across art disciplines.
- Problem solving: Engage with leads and team to identify unseen production problems, and find solutions as needed.
- Working with production and other art leads to ensure there are appropriate plans/schedules in place for the environment team. During production, regularly working with the leads to ensure the schedule represents an accurate picture of the present and future.
- Works with the Art Director, art leads and Production to manage performance, write, and deliver performance reviews for team artists. Helps set and direct yearly goals. Mentors across all levels of the environment team and team members outside discipline on quality, process and best practices with direct correlation to project goals.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure visual quality and continuity across all environment art.
- Actively evaluate, refine and improve environment art production pipelines, processes, best practices
- Working with the Art Director, HR and management on the full-cycle of environment art recruiting/staffing/HR activities… From screening candidates all the way to dealing with performance issues and termination for the environment team.
- At least 3 years of production management experience in console, PC or mobile game development
- At least 5 years of game art production experience as a game artist, art director or similar content creation experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large team of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel in art, design, programming and management
- Ability to create project schedules and milestones and monitor the progress of milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Ability to implement and succeed appropriate production processes
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experience managing a wide range of personnel issues including career development and conflict resolution
- MS Project or similar project management software skills
For more information visit www.suckerpunch.com
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested