BJSDA is searching for an experienced generalist Senior Engineer to add to our current game development team. The Senior Engineer will work with a team of Engineers, Designers, Artists, Tech Artists and Animators to create a Unity3D Engine based online multiplayer game. Responsibilities include network gameplay programming, character and weapon development, backend network programming, user interface design and development, tool creation, technical support for the internal development team, quality assurance testing/reporting and maintenance of department documentation.
The role will be working onsite in the Gaslamp District of San Diego California.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Game Development Trade School
• Experience shipping at least three console, PC or mobile video games (or 5+ years of full-time programming)
• Expert in C# or C++ programming languages
• Proficient in 3D vector math
• Positive attitude and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment
• Avid gamer
• Experience with the Unity3D Game Engine
• Experience with web technologies such as SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly develop features from specification to prototype to ship-ready.
• Experience with network gameplay programming.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate UI components
• Comfortable with agile, waterfall and hybrid development methods
We appreciate everyone who applies to our job posts. That said, we receive a number of candidates that clearly don't read the job description. If you think you are right for this job, please prove that you read this by responding with the word “phantom” somewhere in your reply.