BJSDA is searching for both entry-level and experienced generalist Engineers to add to our current game development team. The Engineers will work with a team of Engineers, Designers, Artists, Tech Artists and Animators to create a Unity3D Engine based online multiplayer game. Responsibilities include network gameplay programming, character and weapon development, backend network programming, user interface design and development, tool creation, technical support for the internal development team, quality assurance testing/reporting and maintenance of department documentation.
This is a contract role and requires working onsite in the Gaslamp District of San Diego California.
After an evaluation period of three months, a contract extension will be considered. There is no relocation offered for this position.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Game Development Trade School
• Experience shipping at least three console, PC or mobile video games (or 5+ years of full-time programming) (entry level requirement is lower)
• Expert in C# or C++ programming languages
• Proficient in 3D vector math
• Positive attitude and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment
• Avid gamer
• Experience with the Unity3D Game Engine
• Experience with web technologies such as SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly develop features from specification to prototype to ship-ready.
• Experience with network gameplay programming.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate UI components
• Comfortable with agile, waterfall and hybrid development methods