2K Games seeks the talents of a seasoned engine programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge hardware. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end techniques applicable to large-scale environments.
• Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
• Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
• Assist the artists and designers with the creation of cutting edge environments within technical requirements.
• Optimize game subsystem by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Supervise junior or mid-level programmers as required.
• Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• Experience with multi-processor programming.
• Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
• Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360).
• 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
• Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
• Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.