The Odd Gentlemen team is looking for another fine gentleman or gentlewoman to join us in Los Angeles. We are creating a pleasantly dark, next gen multi-platform title and are looking for talented engineers to help bring it to life.
The Odd Gentlemen is an independent video game studio founded in the fall of 2008. The studio’s debut title was the critically acclaimed, multi-award winning The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, released for Xbox Live and PC. Recently the studio released the Apple Editor’s Choice Game, Flea Symphony, for iOS. One of their upcoming titles is Wayward Manor, a peculiar puzzle game and collaboration with Neil Gaiman.
Check out the job details below, and send us your resume and a cover letter at email@example.com . Or if this one isn’t a fit for you, follow us on Twitter (@TheOddGentlemen) for all the latest Odd Gentlemen news and job openings.
Title: Engine Programmer
• Own a platform and make sure the experience is consistent with all other platforms.
• Create and collaborate on tools and pipelines
• Work closely with the engineering team to define platform specific issues vs global undesired behaviors.
• Identify and solve undefined engine-based bugs
• Integrate platform specific requirements and maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes to the platforms.
• Able to actively contribute to a creative environment and work as a team
Required Skills and Experience
• Proficient in C++, C#
• Knowledge of how a rendering pipeline works
• Ability to quickly understand existing code
• Understanding of standard 3D operations
• Ability to write clean, structured, minimized code
• Solid problem solving skills
Desired Skills, Qualities and Experience
• A passion for innovative games
• Ensure quality & consistency for the game from the inside out
• Knowledge of Assembly is a plus
• Experience working with Unreal
• 2 shipped titles. Preferably on a multiplatform title
• 2+ years experience coding for games, console development preferred
• Passion for games and game development
• B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
If you’re interested, please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is for an in-house position at our studio in Los Angeles.