We’re looking for talented programmers to help design, implement, and refine the overall gameplay experience for ongoing projects. This individual works closely with design and project management to ensure that all gameplay functionality is carried through to completion. Disruptive programmers are responsible for turning the design into a fun and engaging player experience. We have multiple openings and are considering both junior and senior level applicants. Come join a fun startup, get in on the ground floor, and help shape our future success.
- Work in conjunction with designers and artists to implement game functionality
- Implement features including controls, camera movement, and game mechanics
- Work with the other team members to iterate and refine gameplay systems
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Help define features and coding standards
- Write robust, maintainable code
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization
- Computer Science degree and/or 2 years of game industry experience
- Strong C++ coding and systems design experience
- Ability to solve difficult problems and work around obstacles to complete tasks
- Proactive and effective cross-discipline communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- A passion for developing the highest quality games in the industry
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with design patterns and software architecture
- Current and/or next generation console experience
- Network programming experience
- A highly collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute to the design of the game.
- Located in the heart of Berkeley, we are within walking distance to UC Berkeley and the surrounding restaurants and shops. We are also located near BART, so getting to work without a car is a snap.
- The East Bay is a great place to live! Most people are friendly and intelligent, but if you desire the rude hustle of the city, you are only a BART ride away.
- We do a lot of fun stuff as a team. We have been known to hop on skateboards and Razors and ride into downtown Berkeley for lunch, or head out early and catch BART to an A’s game. We enjoy playing together as much as working together.
- Exciting projects! We are currently working on innovative next-gen and cross-platform games that push the limits of the online space. Contact us to find out more.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Disruptive Programmer" in the subject line of your email.