Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world’s largest producer of casual games; dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish’s in-house studios and its network of more than 140 exclusive development partners. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalog of 3,000+ unique PC games and 300+ unique mobile games. In 2012, the company entered the free-to-play market with top-grossing free-to-play games offered for both PCs and mobile devices. Big Fish’s games are played in 150 countries on a wide variety of devices and in several languages. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
As the Director of Product Management, you will oversee a team of Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers to ensure the successful development, operation, and marketing of Free-to-Play (F2P) games throughout their lifecycles. You will leverage market analysis, quantitative and qualitative consumer data, and build close collaborative partnerships with the product development teams to align roadmaps with business objectives. You and your team will provide an intense consumer focus to optimize every aspect of the player experience in the games and the associated marketing efforts across all channels. You will partner with centralized user acquisition, PR, business intelligence, technology, and customer support teams to ensure alignment on priorities for the games. The ideal candidate will be skilled at managing frequent change and rapid growth and be a strong leader with proven experience in managing very high performance Product Management and Product Marketing professionals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing professional development and mentorship to the team through frequent feedback and formal goal setting and measurement.
- Define team best practices for driving continuous improvement of the business KPIs and ensure rapid iteration of product features to build insights.
- Guide the teams throughout product development to define product positioning including target audience and key differentiators to ensure a focus on the market opportunity.
- Analyse market data and competitive landscape to understand opportunity and work with the teams to build assumptions around product potential.
- Ensure that teams are translating the high level business goals, feature concepts and customer needs into properly prioritized product requirements and use cases.
- Work closely with the operational marketing teams and creative services to drive look & feel and brand messaging for the products across all channels.
- Partner with the Research team at Big Fish to gather qualitative data on games and marketing campaigns through focus groups and surveys.
- Manage communication with stakeholders throughout the organization, including executive staff, regarding product goals and progress against those goals.
- Make rapid feature, schedule and cost tradeoff decisions and communicate in real time to key stakeholders.
Required experience and knowledge:
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Strong background (5+ years) of leading Product Management and/or Product Marketing teams
- Passion for games and a deep understanding of F2P game monetization, engagement and retention strategies.
- Demonstrated success defining, launching, and supporting excellent products or services
- Proven experience in data analysis and analytical decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- A deep affinity for technology and an intense customer focus.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Proven track record of building and empowering high functioning teams within a large and diverse organization.
- Ability to manage staff assigned to multiple initiatives within a business line in a cross functional setting
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!