Smilegate West is a leading publisher of free-to-play online games. Founded in 2006, Smilegate West’s mission is to become the number one online game publisher in North and South America. Smilegate West currently publishes CrossFire, Lost Saga, and Futebol Mania in North and South America through its proprietary online gaming portal, http://z8games.com.
Director of Live Production is responsible for live service publishing of multiple titles. He/she will direct the production team responsible for designing, developing, and executing live service operation by assuming responsibility 24/7.
- Direct North America live production while successfully partnering with various department team leads to see game projects through to completion.
- Set direction and strategy to maximize success, users, and profit for all games
- Leads, guides and manages Live Production team by providing motivation and direction to ensure project goals and business objectives are achieved through project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, setting appropriate priorities, and task tracking.
- Direct strategic analysis of market trends and competition.
- Involved in forecasting, budgeting, and business design.
- Provides progress updates and various reports to department leads and executive management
- Identify challenges and provide immediate, short term, long term resolutions to successfully achieve targeted goals.
- Develop, update and improve department processes & procedures to upkeep and maintain excellent game operation.
- Effectively communicates with all levels within the organization to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Ensures teams adhere to company policies and procedures yet fosters positive and productive work environment and culture.
- Management may add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years in game production/ live games services
- 5+ years in managerial/leadership role
- Must have experience in launching and servicing console and online games
- Excellent understanding of North America gaming market
- Outstanding knowledge of project management and performance management
- Proven leadership and management skills with strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced environment dynamic work environment
- Creative, self-motivated, detail oriented and natural problem solver
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to travel local and international