New York, New York
iOS, PC / Windows, Windows Mobile
Minimum Number Of Professional Titles:
Director of Game Design, New York
This is an amazing opportunity to:
- Explore the boundaries of your imagination and have your wildest game ideas come to fruition as successful, financially sound products.
- Run your own game design team. Mentor and coach a team of game designers, who under your guidance will make an impact on the lives of millions of people playing their games.
- Be the creative visionary behind each project your team is working on during its full life cycle.
- Challenge yourself and your team to create engaging, viral and polished games that will mold the gaming landscape as you see fit.
- Make a footprint in the industry by capitalizing on Arkadium’s unique distribution opportunity and see your games played by hundreds of millions of people.
- Work with a Company that has the stability and resources of a big player and spirit and flexibility of a start up.
- Make an immediate impact at a Company that understands that game design is a fundamental cornerstone of any game’s success.
- Leverage your knowledge and expertise of prevailing theories of game design to create best of breed casual games for multiple platforms.
What you need, to be successful in this role:
- Emphasis is on design. You need to have at least 6 years of hands-on game design experience and a minimum of 4 successful titles under your belt.
- Solid understanding of prevailing theories of player retention, monetization techniques for a virtual economy, viral design and economy balancing.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching and managing a team of direct reports. You will gain three immediate reports and they will look to you to empower them with the right tools to become the best designers that they can be.
- Have a solid eye for design. The team will look to you to not only provide critical design feedback but also to know the best solutions to the problems that are being raised.
- Be an effective communicator. It is imperative that you distill knowledge of game design best practices and provide guidance for practical application to the team of designers and other relevant departments. Intimate knowledge of analytics-driven game design. You will be closely working with Marketing and Analytics teams on optimizing design and live features for user retention and growth.
- Have a passion for creating engaging, fun games!
In addition to this being a unique career opportunity, we offer:
- Competitive base salary, full benefits and relocation assistance
- Work- life balance
- A culture of support and team camaraderie
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested