Leader of an ambitious engineering team working to redefine gamers’ expectations of what is possible on the PS4.
- Direct manager of engineering team, with a half dozen or so direct reports and a total team size of roughly 25 coders.
- Responsible for defining engineering team schedule and tracking progress against it. Works with other disciplines and with the engineering team members on definition and prioritization of schedule items.
- Key participant in architectural and high-level technical discussions, especially in areas of prior experience.
- Partners with other director- and senior-level Sucker Punchers on company direction and strategy decisions.
- 10+ years programming experience, 5+ years as lead or manager of a team of 8+ coders.
- Have had a leading role in defining and shipping multiple successful game projects. Console experience is a plus.
- Must have great communication and team leadership skills, and the demonstrated ability to make good strategic decisions.
- Proven ability to define, schedule and track a complex software project.
- Demonstrated competency in one or more of the following specialties: networking, graphics, server architecture, AI, character control, game play, engine architecture, performance, physics.
- Works well in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must have expert-level C++ experience. Experience in Lisp or Scheme a plus.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.