Minimum Number Of Professional Titles:
Director of Engineering
Leader of an ambitious engineering team working to redefine gamers’ expectations of what is possible on the PS4.
- Direct manager of engineering team, with a half dozen or so direct reports and a total team size of roughly 25 coders.
- Responsible for defining engineering team schedule and tracking progress against it. Works with other disciplines and with the engineering team members on definition and prioritization of schedule items.
- Key participant in architectural and high-level technical discussions, especially in areas of prior experience.
- Partners with other director- and senior-level Sucker Punchers on company direction and strategy decisions.
- 10+ years programming experience, 5+ years as lead or manager of a team of 8+ coders.
- Have had a leading role in defining and shipping multiple successful game projects. Console experience is a plus.
- Must have great communication and team leadership skills, and the demonstrated ability to make good strategic decisions.
- Proven ability to define, schedule and track a complex software project.
- Demonstrated competency in one or more of the following specialties: networking, graphics, server architecture, AI, character control, game play, engine architecture, performance, physics.
- Works well in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must have expert-level C++ experience. Experience in Lisp or Scheme a plus.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested