Have you defeated Garrosh Hellscream and the Heart of Y’Shaarj? Do you rage when someone successfully 6-pools you? Does the mere sight of your loot-bedecked barbarian terrify the Lord of Terror? Are you smart, innovative, entrepreneurial, and passionate about games? Do you want to help Blizzard Entertainment design monetization models that actually enhance the gameplay experience? If so, you may be interested in joining our Strategic Initiatives team in the role of Director, Micro-transaction Strategy.
You will work with game team leadership to define and evolve monetization strategies for our games, targeting the intersection of revenue generation goals and quality player experience. Ideally, you will have experience conceptualizing and iterating micro-transaction based game business models, and possess a deep understanding of player interactions with those models, both at the individual and community levels.
- Work with game teams on monetization design and strategy; envision and present in-game content and business model recommendations based on information rich proposal frameworks; set requirements and create specifications for monetization features.
- Design and field experiments aimed at helping us understand the impact of new business model strategy on our games; develop A / B test plans and tracking metrics for each experiment.
- Work with business intelligence to define metrics and develop dashboards to measure engagement and monetization success.
- Analyze the competitive landscape, and benchmark Blizzard monetization against competitors.
- Regularly review monetization strategy and performance, and present results to stakeholders.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience working in the video game, mobile content, social media, consumer software, or digital entertainment industries; must have experience in business model planning on a released micro-transaction product
- Strong familiarity with micro-transaction business models in competitive games – how they work, integration with gameplay, commercial performance, and player acceptance
- Experience using data analysis to support strategy decisions
- Significant knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s products and intellectual properties
- Quantitative Bachelor’s degree (economics, engineering, mathematics, etc.); MBA or quantitative Master’s degree preferred
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) and a resume. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.