Turbine, Inc. seeks a Director, Marketing for the Turbine Marketing department. This position will lead a team that leads digital marketing efforts for the upcoming DC Comics – branded MOBA game Infinite Crisis as well as our classic MMORPG titles Dungeons & Dragons Online®, The Lord of the Rings Online™, and Asheron’s Call®.
Responsibilities include planning and execution of worldwide marketing live programs and launch campaigns, creating and updating core brand communications in partnership with our team at Warner Bros., integration of community marketing elements, development of breakthrough interactive marketing programs, and leading our acquisition team to deliver maximum value from multimillion dollar annual media plans across multiple titles.
The new Director of Marketing will work with regional partners throughout the world to develop worldwide goals and marketing plans for the products. The successful applicant will also need to demonstrate a data-driven approach to product marketing that culminates in industry-leading campaigns. This role will be responsible for ongoing management of worldwide marketing budgets, forecasts, and product marketing plans annually.
- Responsible for front-line business management and partnership with P&L management.
- Be the ultimate product evangelist by driving internal and external excitement around our digital slate of titles.
- Work intimately with product development technical and creative teams.
- Strategic planning and product leadership via commissioned primary and secondary market, consumer, and competitive research.
- Coordinate with the PR, media, and community marketing teams to drive measurable results.
- Seek out or create promotional opportunities for the products with a variety of partners.
- Lead online direct and social marketing programs that are metrics-driven and deliver clear value.
- BS/BA or equivalent relevant experience in a directly related field.
- MBA focused in Marketing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years progressively complex related experience in game marketing or publishing with direct responsibility for one or more game titles.
- Minimum 2-3 years of marketing management as a Senior Manager or Director level, preferably in the MOBA or digital online games space.
- Exposure to current-gen PC MOBAs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the e-sports community for any type of competitive game is a significant benefit.
- Experience managing a team – ideally to include management of creative team, media planning, direct marketing, as well as brand marketing functions.
- Participation in and understanding of cutting-edge game business models including F2P and integrated commerce systems is a plus.
- Experience developing and deploying consumer promotions in the social space is also a plus.