Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher. The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty®, and Skylanders Spyro's Adventure? franchises and such established licensed properties as Spider-Man?, X-Men?, James Bond?, and Transformers?, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
The Director of Global Media will work with the Consumer Marketing & Product Management teams to lead the development of a strategic approach for the award-winning Call of Duty franchise, which is one of the world?s largest entertainment titles. The position reports directly into the VP of Global Media and their role is to define the most strategic, effective, efficient and innovative media channels to reach the elusive male target. This position will work closely with our European, Latin American, Canadian and Australian teams to innovate and execute on strategy globally. Additionally, this position will work closely with our media and creative agency teams to guide the campaign and go-to-market plans to success.
Principal Working Relationships:
Reports directly to the VP of Global Media and will work closely with the Consumer Marketing leads on the COD franchise as well as the Sr. Director of Digital marketing. Works closely with 1-2 other Media Directors within the organization as needed. Additionally, will foster solid working relationships and will collaborate with Product Marketing Directors and Consumer Insights Directors to ensure the application of business and research data are included in media thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred
· Strong experience in consumer marketing with particular and deep experience in Paid Media
· Strong Digital media credentials - In particular SEM, Display, Social Networking Media, etc.
· Global Media and International marketing experience a plus
· Must have strong presentation skills and able to lead and influence senior executive management level meetings, including those with the CEO
· Ability to navigate a complex organization with a Functional, BU and Geographic matrix
· Experience growing and expanding major pop-culture consumer brands through use of innovative/non-conventional media channels
· Strong partnership skills to work with other members of the Central Marketing Team to develop a data-based, executable channel mix strategies which are grounded in consumer learning and serve to efficiently amplify big creative ideas.
· A creative thinker who thinks beyond "traditional" media and has the ability to take a holistic perspective to channel mix overall.
· Experience with large media budgets which are imbedded in Business Unit P&Ls and managed directly by Business Unit teams.
· Ability to inspire internal teams and rally support for non-traditional media solutions by developing testing methodologies and metrics to demonstrate success.
· Strong negotiating, listening and influencing skills