SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Director, Digital Publishing for the WBG San Francisco Digital Pub department. The Director, Digital Publishing, will play a critical role in growing the company’s mobile games business and establishing WB Games as a leader in the space. In this role, he/she will be a member of the leadership team driving the overall mobile games business and have direct responsibility for establishing world-class digital publishing capabilities for WB Games in mobile games. Specifically, he/she will build and manage a team responsible customer lifecycle management, with a focus on the key areas of paid user acquisition/performance marketing, game data analytics and monetization/retention. In addition, the Director, Digital Publishing will own WB Games relationships with third party platform and tools companies in these three areas and oversee a Product Manager focused on Platform that would work closely with an internal technology team to build and refine an internal games-as-a-service solution. Reporting to the Vice President, Publishing-Mobile, Social & Emerging Platforms, this role is crucial to driving Warner Bros. aggressive goals in mobile games.
- Provide strong leadership and vision for the mobile digital publishing practice in support of driving WB Games as a best in class mobile games publisher.
- Build and manage best in class performance marketing discipline, with a focus on strong ROI-based paid user acquisition programs that effectively and profitably grow our titles, and which complement organic acquisition efforts to drive overall efficiency.
- Build and manage best in class game data analytics discipline, with a focus on analytics-driven insights & recommendations that inform and complement the creative intuition of the studio/product development teams.
- Build and manage best in class monetization (and retention) discipline, with a focus on collaborating with studio teams to construct complex and compelling in game economies, features and systems that drive retention and monetization, and execute live merchandising & promotions in collaboration with the game teams.
- Own overall relationships with third party platforms and tools companies in key areas of customer lifecycle management and collaborate with internal technology teams to build and refine internal solution.
- BA/BS Degree. MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 6-10 years experience in roles focused on customer lifecycle management and/or games-as-a-service.
- Strong familiarity with iOS, Android and Facebook games marketplaces, trends and best practices.
- Record of accomplishment in driving initiatives focused on performance marketing, analytics and monetization in a games-as-a-service context.
- Strong project management experience and ability to work with and manage cross functional units to advance business objectives.
- Proven ability to build/recruit and cultivate strong team.
- Thorough understanding of micro-transaction based business models.
- Passion for gaming, especially on mobile.
- Be a good leader, with the ability to both listen effectively and influence a team.
- Exceptional knowledge of performance marketing and managing ROI-based programs.
- Strong understanding of the role deep analytics play in games-as-a-service.
- Feature level experience in implementing processes and solutions that drive monetization/retention.
- Familiarity with current tools and platforms vendors servicing mobile games.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Advanced financial modeling and P&L management capabilities.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as required.