The Director, User-Testing is responsible for driving effective user-testing for all Activision titles, managing a stellar user-testing department, creating and owning the vision of user-testing at Activision, and personally running select user-tests. Working closely with our development teams, Activision production management, and Central Studios resources, the Director, User-Testing will ensure effective user-testing for all titles, as well as representing user-testing at the corporate level.
The Director, User-Testing must be an excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally directing studies to providing high-level feedback. The Director, User-Testing must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment, and be adept at driving quality regardless of team, schedule, or budget.
Drive excellence in user-testing across all Activision franchises
o Review, drive quality, and push for improvements in user-testing plans, processes, and techniques
o Effective/inspiring management of the user-testing group
o Effectively resolve issues between user-testing team and critical stakeholders
o Run select user-tests
o Provide oversight and guidance to user-testing outside of
o Own direction
· Create a vision for the future of user-testing at Activision and make it happen
o Work closely with existing team and stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
o Develop three-year plan, iterate, get buy-in, and execute
o Work with diverse partners (tools, game teams, analytics) to implement new user-testing features or capabilities
o Drive evaluation of new tools and technologies
· User-testing evangelism
o Keep stakeholders informed and excited about user-testing
o Successfully onboard new user-testing stakeholders
o Actively participate in the larger user-testing/user-research community
· Represent user-testing at the corporate level
o Represent user-testing findings in key stakeholder meetings
o Partner with Consumer Insights and other business teams as needed
o Interface with finance, facilities, and other operational partners
Relevant College degree required. Relevant advanced degree preferred (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field).
· 5+ years industry experience conducting game-related user-tests.
o Candidates without gaming experience will be considered if they exhibit a deep passion for games and the ability and willingness to learn quickly.
· At least three years of experience managing a user-testing department required
· Experience designing in the games or entertainment industry highly desirable
· Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
· Ability to influence people without breaking relationships
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills
· A broad range of extensive knowledge of research design, qualitative and quantitative methodologies in both academic and business environments.
· Proven ability to translate research findings into actionable product improvements
· Experienced with applying advanced statistical methods to a wide variety of problems
· An adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
· Must have an interest in games and the people who play them
· Must have a passion for user-testing as well as technical knowledge and “know how” of current trends and a willingness to innovate in the interest of effective and efficient user-testing..