Turbine, Inc., a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Director, Analytics Platform Development, to be responsible for leading the Analytics Platform team through the complete product life cycle for a strategic initiative at Warner Brothers Games. As a key leader in the Online Service Platform Group reporting directly to the VP of Technology, this individual will work closely with the development and service managers to build and operate a best-in-class game analytics platform.
The successful candidate will direct the team in building scalable, reliable technology and infrastructure for our cross-game data analytics platform. This big data platform will power analytics for WB’s games across multiple networks, devices and operating environments. This is a role combining proven technical and software development skills and know-how that spans all phases of platform development and offers a large scope of variety and direct involvement with complex, innovative technologies.
Our ideal candidate is experienced leading projects and teams, prioritizes well, is comfortable communicating with all levels of management and staff, understands how to drive a high level of focus, and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new products.
We are specifically looking for self-motivated candidates comfortable with taking ownership and providing leadership.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.
- Responsible for the development life cycle of the analytics platform as well as integration and professional services related to use of the platform.
- Ensures business needs and objectives align with the development goals.
- Mentors and supports managers.
- Sets goals and direction for team.
- Works closely with the team and product management to establish a vision for the platform.
- Develops and communicates project timelines, milestones and commitments, and consistently delivers results against plan
- Reports on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Ensures the business is leveraging the platform and stakeholders fully understand the benefits
- Evangelizes the importance of a strong analytics platform both within the organization and outside.
- Drives the visualization standards for reporting business-wide KPI’s.
- Works closely with studio execs and stakeholders to ensure analytics platform meets the needs of the studio and the studio’s games.
- Ensures reported issues, conflicts and defects are addressed.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- A consistent track record of project delivery on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience defining system architectures and designs, exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs, and making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams.
- Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes in significant technical decision-making
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop and NoSQL data stacks (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases preferred (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data)
- Experience in BI, OLAP, statistical analysis, data mining, reporting.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Proven track record in developing technology to enable analytic insight at scale
- Knowledge of scale out versus scale up architecture and design.
- Knowledge in the progression from SMP, MPP, to clustered computing environments.
- Experience in an SOA product environment.
- Ability to succeed in an environment where stakeholders are dispersed across many business units, geographies, and cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively
- Experience as a gamer or strong interest in the gaming industry preferred