Foster City, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Development Director - Sledgehammer Games
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a top tier Development Director to take a leading role working on the Call of Duty franchise. Candidates must be passionate, focused, and driven to excel. At Sledgehammer we have high expectations. It is our goal to do nothing less than push the craft forward, grow and innovate. Our core values dictate that we judge success as a measure of direct action that leads to positive results. Ultimately a Development Director at Sledgehammer is a key member responsible for making our high standards a reality. This is done while maintaining the culture and family atmosphere that our studio is built on.
The Development Director is also responsible for driving to quality targets and owning schedules for Sledgehammer Games. This is achieved by working closely with the art departments to identify needs, utilizing resources efficiently and appropriately. The goal is to ensure our levels are outstanding timely, and cost-effective!
The role of Development Director requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally managing to pro-active development planning. Development Director candidates must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous (high speed) environment, and be adept at driving quality in line with team, schedule, and budget.
• Develop and implement a method for effectively tracking the status of the art team. Develop milestones to integrate into existing process and review deliverables within this context.
• Be an active participant in reviews, with particular regard to schedule/milestones.
• Lead team during development to establish needs, allocate resources, and then maintain contact throughout project to ensure that those aspects of development are progressing appropriately for a high priority AAA title.
• When required, act as liaison between vendors and other dev teams to ensure smooth and effective communication.
• Actively guide teams through issues with regard to vendors, licensors, and other departments.
• Personally manage the team, conduct 1:1 meetings and continue to grow AAA team.
• Multiple shipped titles in leadership positions.
• Strong management capabilities.
• General understanding of game-specific technical knowledge.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careers .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested