Experience and skills
- Educated to at least a bachelor’s degree level, preferably in a technical or other relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience leading teams in a project management or development director role within the games industry
- Shipped at least two AAA PC or console games in a project management role.
- A thorough understanding of agile development and scrum – both their strengths and weaknesses.
- Able to inspire and lead teams and deal with strong opinions, both technical and creative
- Support and encourage the team’s autonomy and self-organization
- Brilliant at communicating with a wide array of people
- Fluent in English
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Articulating the development process used on the game and ensuring that it is properly implemented and executed.
- Constantly evaluating all aspects of the development process and making changes as needed to ensure smooth delivery as well as alignment with the current and future Production Lifecycle Phases
- Responsible for the development budget of the project.
Planning and Scheduling
- Ensuring that the overall development plan is created and maintained, detailing the path of the project within and through the Production Lifecycle Phases.
- Ensuring that all relevant tasks are identified and appropriately estimated to allow plans to be created.
- Delegating the appropriate level of planning to subsections of the project and consequently aggregating them up into the overall project plan.
Teams / People
- Ensuring that the project has the relevant skills and people who are properly motivated to deliver the product.
- The development and wellbeing of all development staff.
- Management of people from disciplines other than programming
Risks and Issues
- Managing the Risk process on the project and ensure that proper mitigation steps are planned and executed to prevent the Risk becoming issues.
- Managing the Issue resolution process so that problems which have occurred can be solved either within the normal development process or through the use of other means as appropriate.
Progress & KPIs
- Tracking the progress of the project as it moves through each of the Production Lifecycle Phases and taking any actions required in order to hit agreed milestones.
- Tracking and managing appropriate KPIs to demonstrate progress of the project and product through development. All application and related documents must be submitted in English in order to be accepted.