Eve: Valkyrie the award winning virtual reality space combat game is looking for an experienced Senior Development Director to join its growing team in Newcastle. Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Senior Development Director is accountable for managing all aspects of the development process which will allow the team to execute and deliver on both the creative vision and the commercial ambitions of the game. As part of a small dynamic team working on cutting edge technology, the ideal candidate would be flexible enough to contribute to the development of the game and management of the studio outside of traditional project management responsibilities.
Experience and skills
- Educated to at least a bachelor’s degree level, preferably in a technical or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience leading teams in a project management or development director role within the games industry
- Shipped at least two AAA sized PC or console games in a project management role.
- A thorough understanding of agile development and scrum both their strengths and weaknesses.
- Able to inspire and lead teams and deal with strong opinions both from a technical and creative background
- Support and encourage the team’s autonomy and self-organization.
- brilliant at communicating with a versatile array of people
- Fluent in English
The Sr. DD´s Responsibilities
- Accountable for articulating the development process used on the game and ensuring that it is properly implemented and executed.
- Accountable for constantly evaluating all aspects of the development process and making changes as needed to ensure smooth delivery and alignment with the current and future Production Lifecycle Phases.
Planning and Scheduling
- Accountable for ensuring that the overall development plan is created and maintained, detailing the path of the project within and through the Production Lifecycle Phases.
- Accountable for ensuring that all relevant tasks are identified and appropriately estimated to allow plans to be created.
- Accountable for delegating the appropriate level of planning to subsections of the project and consequently aggregating them up into the overall project plan.
Teams / People
- Accountable for the development budget of the project.
- Accountable for ensuring that the project has the relevant skills and people who are properly motivated to deliver the product.
- Accountable for the development and wellbeing of all development staff.
- The people managers of the project report directly to the Sr. DD.
Risks and Issues
- Accountable for managing the Risk process on the project and ensure that proper mitigation steps are planned and executed to prevent the Risk becoming issues.
- Accountable for managing the Issue resolution process so that problems which have occurred can be solved either within the normal development process or through the use of other means as appropriate.
Progress & KPIs
- Accountable for tracking the progress of the project as it moves through each phase of the Production Life cycle Phases and taking any actions required in order to hit agreed milestones.
- Accountable for tracking and managing appropriate KPIs to demonstrate progress of the project and product through development.
All application and related documents must be submitted in English in order to be valid.
Application deadline is Friday 29th August.