- Management of application build and deployment process; solve technical problems, and make improvements to our systems; deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support for our online products including hardware and software components
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools
- Identify bad trends before they become problems; respond to automated system alerts, effectively troubleshoot system errors and work incidents to return systems to normal operating conditions
- Assist in maintaining information security practices and procedures
- Author and update high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of system/network/software engineering experience.
- Troubleshooting experience on entire layers from network to software
- Game industry experience preferred
- Experience in setting up and using server configuration and management solutions such as Chef, Puppet or Salt preferred
- Experience using monitoring systems (Zabbix, VCOPS, and Proprietary)
- Experience with cloud services (VMWare vCloud, Amazon EC2, or Microsoft Azure) elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tools a plus
- Experience with relational databases such as MSSQL and MySQL
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools (RunDeck, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong, methodical troubleshooting skills.
- System administration level knowledge of Windows and Linux system.
- Advanced Scripting languages with Python and Powershell.
- Strong grasp of internet network concepts, protocols and associated serviced (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP/SFTP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, WS-MAN).
- Understanding of load balancing clusters, server load balancing, firewalls, routing and VLANs.