Single Player Design Scripter: FPS
Neversoft Entertainment, located in Woodland Hills, CA, is currently seeking experienced Design Scripters to work on our new FPS. If you have a strong technical background and a great design sense, then we are looking for you.
· Implement new single-player game features through documentation, planning, and scripting.
· Must have proven track record in scripting, using proprietary tools to edit game data, mission scripts, scenario designs and overall game design.
· Collaborate with the team to create and refine game play mechanics and gameplay systems.
· Extensive knowledge of C style coding and/or significant experience writing clean, re-usable scripts in Python, Lua, or similar scripting language.
· A strong passion for and experience with First Person Shooters
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering and/or Game Design.
· 1-2 years of programming (C/C++) and/or scripting experience in game development.
· A broad understanding and experience in both multiplayer and single player game design.
· The ability to dissect level design in recent games (discuss what you like/don't like).
· Strong documentation skills (show your organizational skills through your design docs).
· Game Industry experience.
· MOD Community experience is a plus.
How to Apply:
· Apply online at http://www.neversoft.com/careers.html (select “Single Player Design Scripter”)
· Provide samples of prior work including: design documentation, screenshots, and/or playable samples of your best work (refer us to work in published games).
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.