santa monica, California
Linux / UNIX, Mac OS X,
Data QA Engineer
Buffalo Studios, a subsidiary of Caesars Interactive Entertainment, is the social & mobile casino gaming studio behind the #1 Bingo + Slots game on Facebook and mobile, BINGO Blitz! Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the team’s focus is to design games with simple action that’s unparalleled in engagement and enhanced by teamwork.
Our mission is to create fun and accessible social games that introduce casual audiences to new experiences that go above and beyond the current offerings. The goal is to provide social networks with games that help friends build relationships through interactive entertainment.
What we are looking for:
Buffalo Studios is seeking an awesome Data QA Engineer who has a passion for developing games to their very best. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes pride, ownership and initiative in their work. This role will contribute to the creation of an environment and culture which will help us develop the next generation of social games in our Santa Monica, CA offices. We’re seeking out the best talent out there to join our team of creative, product, and technical all-stars. We are always looking for super talented people who want to make a big impact on the games we make. Our culture is relaxed, creative and fun, with excellent compensation and benefits packages.
• Weekly internal tools testing
• Working closely with the Data team on new implementations
• Test Case and Test Script Development
• Support Data and QA teams as necessary
• 3+ years’ experience in software testing and/or development
• Experience with agile methodologies and test driven development
• Experience with databases querying, with MySQL or MS SQL
• Experience with web browsers, such as IE, Firefox and Chrome
• Knowledge of web/application servers, such as Apache, Tomcat or IIS.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, and organized
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Prior experience using Jira or other bug tracking software
Additional beneficial skills:
• Design and testing skills in one of the following: Vertica, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, Map Reduce or Web Services.
• Object-oriented programming knowledge (Python, Java, or equivalent)
• Experience in performance and network testing
• Experience with Linux or other POSIX OS
Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
Buffalo Studios is an equal opportunity employer.