The Data Analyst works closely with members of our Finance and Game Design departments to create, implement and maintain the organization's databases and engage in the statistical analysis, creation and deployment of data, data modeling and predictive algorithms, advanced SQL queries and reports on various Business Intelligence needs.
Database Analyst: Data analysis and Report writing
- Work with product owners to identify and track key performance indicators from our mobile games
- Perform advanced SQL queries as needed in response to business user needs
- Develop a bank of custom queries and reports on player progression
- Perform analysis of data flowing into and out of database systems and accurately interpret, prepare and communicate results
- Perform data manipulations such as data imports, exports and updates
- Identify appropriate statistical analysis approaches to understanding data, identifying trends and user segmentation
- Develop approaches to data modeling and data-mining including:
- machine learning
- bayesian statistical techniques
- Help design experiments and analyze results
DB Application Specialist: Database support and Web Application Support
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the organization's Amazon Web Service RDS databases and custom built web applications
- Assist with data mining and API development and connectivity with 3rd party data vendors
- Assist with AWS RDS security, maintenance plans, backup and recovery planning
- Monitor AWS RDS to ensure resource uptime, availability and continuity
- Provide customer service and support to product owners and administrators
- Cross-train to provide backup DB support for financial and collaboration applications for other core staff
- Assist with web application development and custom tool scripting
- Participate in project work as needed, potentially become technical lead on projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience application support and/or customer service with ability to design and carry out statistical data analysis in support of troubleshooting and report accuracy research activities.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience and proficiency with RDS servers (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or comparable) and Hadoop.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with a statistical analysis package (e.g. Stata, SAS, R, MiniTab or comparable).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with creating advanced SQL queries.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with the installation, backup and maintenance of MySQL databases including experience with or capacity to learn database management responsibilities - including database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- Previous experience with Kontagent, Localytics or Flurry a plus
- Solid background in statistical analysis including frequentist/bayesian approaches and hypothesis testing
- Experience in data mining techniques including data modeling, machine learning and predictive data modeling
- Strong data interpretation and presentation skills.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Intellectually curious / quick thinker.
- Willingness / ability to take ownership as technical lead of a project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with varying levels of staff and management.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Desire to gain experience in multiple areas of business application development - from SQL scripting to entry DBA to design to reporting and always combined with data analysis.
The Data Analyst works closely with the other members of the Core Technology Team to help analyze, support, implement, maintain and secure the organization's databases and custom built database applications and engage in the analysis, creation and deployment of data and reports on various Business Intelligence platforms