Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content for Xbox, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac and Android. The Core Engineering group creates true “author once, run anywhere” technology.
• Create robust long lived, content agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross platform feature fidelity
• Improve, debug, and extend one or more individual subsystems - Examples: Heaps, File Systems, Resource Management, Animation, Dialog, GUI, Audio, and others
• Create clean API’s for internal tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in cinematography, online integration, animation, and AI
• Utilize numerous development environments and SDK’s such as Developer Studio, XCode, Code Warrior and SN Systems
• Analyze code performance and optimize appropriately for speed and memory usage
• Execute in a fast paced rolling development environment maintaining platform fidelity and stability for the “Tool”
• Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, publications
• Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and the game titles
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong fluency in C++/STL and 5+ years of professional C++ experience is required
• 3+ years of profession game development experience including at least some development experience with current gen hardware (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
• Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
• Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure
• Detail oriented “finisher” with proven ability to create tested, reliable systems for rapid deployment
• Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over several of years
• Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of Lua integration
• Experience with game development systems such as Unity or Unreal
• Experience in game AI or Natural Language Processing
• Maya experience (as a user and API)
• Experience OpenGL, DirectX, Gfx, Bink or FMOD.
• Experience creating GUI’s using QT
• Knowledge of web development technologies such as SQL, CouchDB, JSON, REST
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games in an Equal Opportunity Employer.