Contract Prototyping Engineer
Disney Publishing is looking for several talented Contract Prototyping Engineers to help turn concepts into interactive experiences. We are not sharing too much information about our plans at the moment, but if you might be the right person, we’ll let you in on the secret.
As a Prototyping Engineer, you will work closely with our designers to create proof of concepts.
You will work with a small team to develop a single proof-of-concept. Each project will be different and have it’s own unique challenges. Once you’ve built the concept, you’ll share the knowledge you gained to create it.
- 3 or more years in relevant professional experience, preferably in game and/or mobile application development.
- Computer science or other degree relevant to game development, or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS, OSX, OpenGL, 2D and 3D math, physics, AI and optimization techniques.
- Highly proficient in C++ and strong skills in other languages such as C# or Objective-C.
- Hands-on experience with middleware, such as Unity, Cocos2D/3D, Box2D, Bullet etc.
- Ability to rapidly prototype new concepts and ideas.
- Great communications skills.
- A positive attitude with a passion to experiment and try new things.
- Strong understanding of game development tools and technologies.
- Cross-platform development experience (especially iOS/Android/OSX)
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile development techniques.
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua etc.)